Caring for someone who has Alzheimer’s Disease or another form of Dementia may be a challenging and emotionally-straining experience. However, because there is no treatment for such conditions at present, it is primarily your caregiving and support that make the most impact in increasing your loved one’s quality of life.
Here at Diamond Home Care Services, a premier provider of home care services in Pleasant Hill, California, it is at the heart of our services to support families in need.
To guide you in taking the appropriate measures concerning memory care in Bay Area, here are a few tips that you should take note of as a caregiver:
- Try to keep a routine, such as bathing, dressing, and eating at the same time each day.
- Help the person write down to-do lists, appointments, and events in a notebook or calendar.
- Plan activities that the person enjoys and try to do them at the same time each day.
- When dressing or bathing, allow the person to do as much as possible.
- Be gentle and respectful. Tell the person what you are going to do, step by step while you help them bathe or get dressed.
While it is a noble act to care for your loved ones, know that there is no shame in asking for help. If you require support, we’d be more than happy to assist you via our in-home care services in Bay Area.